Sue's place in the sun

Monday, June 11, 2012

quilt club australia bee#2

February for Waverlee

March for Jane

April me
May for Phillipa
 
Tracey for June
On Facebook there is an all Australian quilting group - Quilt Club Australia (QCA), I joined the second bee that started in February. Each month the allocated Queen Bee tells us what she wants made and we use our own stash to make the blocks for her. I was queen bee for April and wanted everyone to make a star flower block. I had made one of these last year for the bee in oz bee for Anorina and loved the simplicity of the design. The only requirement was the background fabric was to be all the same - organic cotton in natural from Spotlight. I asked everyone to buy a fat quarter or I could send them one and each fatquarter produced enough 5" squares to make 2 blocks. Lily has worked out the layout for her quilt and tomorrow I plan to finish putting it together so when I have time next week I can quilt it for her. Violet and Charlotte are also getting one as well, just need the time to put them together.

1 comment:

Waverlee said...

I loved making your blocks Sue. They are my favourite one's so far. Thanks for my red and aqua string blocks.