Sue's place in the sun

Friday, November 18, 2011

What a Month

I was a supervisor for kids with a disability provision for the HSC (Higher School Certificate), the exams started 18th October and finished last Friday 11th November, it was fun but very exhausting time. I had to travel the 60km by train into Sydney because the school I was working at was St Andrews Cathedral School. I have done hardly any sewing but lots of knitting as the train trip took just over an hour each way. When I get a photo of the finished garment I made the lady Kina from Ravelry, I just need to sew the ends in and have started the kids size for Lily as she liked grandmas stripy cardigan.
They say I will get payed by the 16th December if the person doing the paper work gets it all right and you would hope so as she is a Maths teacher.

I am doing the next stitch a long, we are doing "My Favourite things" by Anni Downs out of her book Some Kind of Wonderful. I have a layer cake of Terrain by Kate Spain, 8 Kona solids and 2 charm packs of Central Park by Kate Spain and the applique is going to be done on white. Most people are using very country looking fabrics but that just doesn't suit me at the moment, I want something that was a bit brighter.

rainbow blocks

yellow orange and green, purple and blue green yellow
I did get my geese in a ring done and sent to Ann in Denmark. If you look closely at the one top left of the rainbow ones there is a little notch missing, somehow in my rush to get them finished I made a boo-boo, so it might be the one that comes back to me.

Next week I plan to get some more sewing done, a baby quilt for Charlotte, I've got blocks to make for a couple of swaps and Sameliasmum who is Queen Bee for Novembers Bee in Oz. I won a DVD from Anorina which I am looking forward to watching when it arrives.
I also won 4th prize in a giveaway on Possum Blossom Patchwork, I picked the red postage stamp.

We are going to see Mary Poppins next Friday our 33rd wedding anniversary and we are planning on spending the weekend together doing what we want.



No comments: