Sue's place in the sun

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bee in Oz - August Queen Bee

All the parcels ready to be posted
Kaffe Fasset jellyroll plus a few extras

the coordinating fabric
(photo is a bit fuzzy)

the block
August I am Queen bee in the Bee in Oz quilting bee. The block I am having made is being enlarged from the original. The bottom photo shows a quarter of the block in original and enlarged design. I have had the Kaffe Fasset jellyroll sitting in a draw for a while and decided to use it as the base for the block, originally I had picked a brown grey as one of the coordinating fabrics but it was just too dark, I replaced it with a Kona cream. I had to add a couple of strips from my stash as part of my Hancocks parcel is still missing, well not missing just not arrived yet, it is another jellyroll of Kaffe fabric and was posted 30th June so should be here already.

No comments: