Sue's place in the sun

Thursday, April 21, 2011


Violet Elizabeth Finn born 20/4/2011
Pinwheel block from Sue



Above is the reason it has taken me 3 days to post that Sues lovely block made it across the country. My new grand daughter arrived at 3.54am yesterday morning, weighing in at 2885g and 47cm long. She is a month early as her mum our daughter Kate had high blood pressure and liver function problems. Miss Violet was induced at 8.40pm on 19th and born before her daddy made it back to the hospital, I was on Lily watch at there place. When Lily woke at 6.30am to find no daddy but only grandma she was upset until I told her where her dad was, she then became quiet excited. 

Thanks Sue for a great block and being my partner this month.

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations Grandma! How sweet for a first photo shoot.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations on the new addition to the family, Grandma! She is a beauty!!!!

Philigry said...

Yay! Congrats! My sister is expecting any day and I can not wait to have a baby around again! Love all of your quilt blocks too.
the powder i spoke of in my banana recipe is baking powder. I hope that helps!